Pages

Friday, September 24, 2021

The man who would be President

It is more fun criticizing

When I was very young (in high school)  I was sick and my Lelong (from my mother's side)  remarked that I should be careful with my health.  because he foresaw that I could be President.  I laughed the comment aside because it was very far from the truth

But now reviewing the list of candidates who have announced their candidacy

    1.  Emmanuel Pacquiao
    2.  Ping Lacson
    3.  BBM
    4.  Isko Moreno

I can say my Lelong was right.   I possess the intellect and the determination, and the academic qualifications to lead the nation.  I do not have issues in the likes of Pacquiao (lack of academic qualification - I have an MBA;  I took my college for 4 full years)      nor the suspicion on the association with the criminal groups or being accused in the Orbito case, nor the aspersion of Martial Law for BBM, nor the NPA alleged link with Isko.

I do not however have the political machinery nor the billions of PHP to launch my Presidency.  And so what my Lelong said was a self serving statement.  But I am almost there.