Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Civic minded countrymen clearing highway of debris and vegetative growth open a new can of worms

It is more fun criticizing

This post admires and salutes various individuals clearing roads of debris that clog the drainage, of cogon and other brush undergrowth that blocks the visibility of oncoming traffic.  I to became addicted to this type of civic works when I was in my twenties.  My cleaning of the gutter in front of our house led me 500 even to 1000 meters away clearing the gutter of dirt -  up to a provincial hospital near us.  I was warned that I could be infected by effluents from the hospital



However, I knew that a certain amount is budgetted for road maintenance annually.  When I googled it is in the order of billions.      Where does this go if drainages are clogged leading to instant flooding, or civic minded citizens brush cut on their own wild undergrowth blocking the street?

Can CoA investigative journos look into this.