Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2024

Responsible gun ownership - self imposed disarmament and gun control

It is more fun criticizing

Who wouldn't want to own a gun after being exposed to WW 2 movies, Combat, and Agila
After completing my reservist CAD, and we were allowed to own guns, I acquired a 45 albeit unlicensed. 
Someone who disarmed himself sold me the 45 cheap.

(Before I used to have a Cal 22 magnum but unfortunately stolen in a break in)

I disarmed my self after these three incidents:

1.   A child accidentally shot his brother to death, after getting his father's gun in a lock, opened the 
      box containing the amo, loaded it into the gun and played bang/bang, cowboy to his younger
      brother killing him

2.  A motorist alighted from his vehicle in a traffic altercation and drew his firearm a 45 or 9 mm,
     He did not fire at me.  He was probably a govt agent.  His plate number was TRY 347 and from
     Cardona Rizal, assigned to CIS

3.  I joined an FTX where there was live firing from the opposing team.  We fired blanks.  The smell of
     of gunpowder due to continuous, night long skirmish was nauseating.   It occurred to me that given
     same firearms, only those who will employ his intellect will win.  Not the one with superior firepower
      
Owning a gun makes you impulsive, you do not think.   Power comes out from the barrel of the gun.

A gun is demonic.  It invites accidents, injury and even death.  

So I divested myself of gun  although it means less family security.   For as long as you are good, I think you will not have enemies.

No need for arrests, RAs, or Executive Order.   Only me wanting disarmament