Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

I was one of the thousands stranded by floods Wednesday afternoon

It is more fun criticizing

Rizal Philippines  |  October 4, 2014



From Inquirer News

I was one of the thousands stranded last Wednesday September 30, 2014 after heavy downpour due to a thunderstorm flooded parts of MM:    Aurora Blvd, Santolan and Ortigas.  I was supposed to see someone at 4:30 pm in Cubao. Rain started pouring in torrents coupled with thunder and lightning.

Despite the heavy rains, there was a wave of humanity:   FEU NU Ateneo de La Salle fans waiting for a basketball game.  It took me almost 30 minutes to reach farmers.





I attended a novena of Perpetual Help and attended a mass from 5:30 to 7:00 to make time well spent while waiting for the appointment  The other party said he could not leave his place because of heavy rains. He would be presenting software to ease our work.

He finally came at 7:00.

After the meeting I looked out of farmers:   lines of wet commuters waiting for FX were quite long.   Traffic in both direction in EDSA was not moving.  NOT MOVING

So with Aurora Blvd.  Traffic finally started to move at about 10 pm (the floods have subsided?)

I tried to get a ride in Ortigas.  No bus was visible, and traffic at Ortigas Ave was not moving at all too.

So I went to jeep and FX terminal at EDSA crossing. The lines were probably a km long.  No fx and no jeep was seen.  That was about 11 pm.  I finally got a jeep ride at about 12:30, the JRU jeeps to Binangonan.  At last.

I thought that mine was an isolated case but many TV personalities nearly did not reach the 11 o clock news desk because of the traffic jam.   Many workers just slept at their office or that of office mate because of this event.

How come this now happens frequently?   Commuting is becoming more difficult for students and workers?

Well, the broken train and the floods, and the UAAP games may have caused the massive traffic jam.

What can be done...?